STEP WAY STATEMENT
At White House Academy, we are committed to improving the life chances of all children through providing the highest quality of education. Our staff place the learners at the heart of everything that we do and they value each as an individual.
We are developing a united partnership of excellent academies through:
– working collaboratively across Hailsham;
– working with STEP Teaching School Alliance and sharing expertise within our trust;
– working with professionals and members of our community outside of the trust.
We are empowering leaders by:
– providing excellent CPD opportunities informed by a deep understanding of what research tells us about how children learn;
– keeping our focus firmly on teaching and learning;
– using a coaching model that prioritises practice.
We provide a curriculum that ensures all of our learners gain the knowledge and skills that they need to excel in the next stage of their education. The rationale for our curriculum is based on five key pillars:
– Reading Mastery
– Cultural Capital
– Global Awareness
– Growth Mindset
– Critical Thinking